To my dearest:
Let’s talk about a recent trend obsession of mine, shall we? The scallop hem! Oh gosh, I absolutely adore it so so much. I’ve been going around all season, collecting all things scallop-y! From flats, to bags, absolutely everything. But, let’s back track a little and focus on just the scallop hem for today, shall we?
Scallop Hems are adorable. They peaked in popularity in the roaring 20s and again in the 50s. They never really left us, because they’re back and have BEEN back! Look at how popular the Chloe Scallop Hem Flats are! And for a good reason too! Scallop hem makes for an effortless chic on simple designs!
My pick of the day, is this cute one piece playsuit or “romper” from H&M. It came in Burgundy Red or Black. I chose this Burgundy Red for the subtle pop of color. I love the chiffon fabric and open back detail. The design is quite simple, but when paired with the scallop hem, it makes it much more unique – and I really like that.
I adorned this simple piece with bits and pieces of gold jewelry. From little pinky rings, to a larger diffuser necklace to capture attention. I later tried adding in my DW Classic Petite Watch in Melrose and it paired with my outfit seamlessly. Simple and classics do go a long way. I chose a pair of nude and rose gold metallic heels to go with the whole gold and burgundy theme. Topped it off with my Chanel Perfume Clutch to finish the whole outfit. It’s simple, not over the top, but will still catch attention.
I’m wearing a size 6 in this romper, which is way bigger than my normal size. I tried all 3 sizes and they do run small. There is also no elasticity so sizing up would be your best option for comfort. Size 4 was actually a good fit for me, but I found the bottom to ride up too much for my liking. This romper definitely runs petite and is perfect for petites.
PS: It seems, this romper is sold out in all petite sizes. I’ve linked similar ones below that are just as gorgeous in all price ranges! Enjoy! The carousel is created using VENNDY Open Story! Which means, you can join VENNDY and add your favorite scallop hemmed items yourself! Feel free to share your favorites with me!
PPS: If you join VENNDY between Thursday, August 10th – Thursday, August 24th, you can win some lovely prizes! Here are the campaign details!
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY:
1. Sign up to VENNDY
2. Download the Google Chrome Extension (once you receive email with link to it)
3. Upload at least 8 items to your VENNDY
4. Curate at least 1 story
5. Love at least 3 stories
6. Love at least 5 items
7. Ask to join The VENNDY Club on Facebook. It’s a FB group where you can ask questions and connect with other members of the VENNDY community.
8. Fill out THIS Google Form – this helps to serve as a checklist to you and a way to verify your entries!
– The curators of the 3 stories who get the highest number of Loves by the other participants at the Closing Time will receive a $75 Amazon gift card.
– The curator of the Story with the highest number of Loves will also get a 1:1 Blog Consultation with Summer.
– The 10 bloggers who uploaded items (product, service or place) who get the highest number of Loves by the other participants, as of the Closing Time, will get the “But First, Brunch” T-Shirt by Cara (US only).
Please, email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues downloading or using the extension. They are still in the beta stage.
Thank you for dropping by again! And do share your favorite trend obsession with me as well!
For reference, I am 5 feet 2 inches. I typically wear XS/S or 0-4 for apparel and 6.5-7.5 for shoes.